14–15 October 2021:
58th Annual CMS meeting
International Workshop on Clay Minerals in Healthcare Applications
Registration now open (see link at the end of the page).
Because of the global pandemic, the ICC meeting has been postponed from 2021 to 2022. This means that the meeting originally planned for 2022 has been cancelled and a new, online-only event for 2021 has been assembled.
Renowned experts will be among those contributing to diverse aspects on this topic. Discussions will range from historical aspects linked to the traditional medical and pharmaceutical to the use of clays in gene transfection by association of DNA with certain clay minerals.
The programme is based on two special issues of Clays and Clay Minerals on ‘Clay Minerals in Health Applications’ and ‘Clay Minerals in Healthcare’ to be published in 2021 and 2022 and incorporating contributions by colleagues from Qing Yang Institute for Industrial Minerals, China.
- 7.55: Introduction
- 8.00: Lynda Williams et al.: Evaluating in vivo applications of a natural antibacterial clay to wound infection
- 8.30: Pilar Aranda & Ruiz-Hitzky et al.: Clay-based bionanocomposite films for wound dressing applications
- 9.00: Bernard Lopez et al. : Response of mammalian cells to interaction with sepiolite
- 9.30: Ana Alcântara & Vera Constantino: Layered clays as versatile nanodevices to drug delivery systems
- Break (10-10.15)
- 10.15: M. Saleh, N. Prajapati, A. Karan, N. Rahman, A. Stavitskaya, M. DeCoster, and Y. Lvov*: Halloysite Nanotube Vehicles for Drug Delivery through Brain Endothelial Barrier
- 10.45: Rawil Fakhrullin et al.: Self-assembly of halloysite nanoclay for hair surface engineering
- 11.15: César Viseras & Alberto Galindo et al.: Clays in cosmetics and personal care products
- 11.45: Giora Rytwo et al.: Health protection using clay minerals: a case study based on the removal of BPA and BPS from water
- Prof. Hailiang Dong*: Clay minerals as antibacterial agents: mechanisms and applications
- A/Prof. Li Li*: Engineering nanoclay for mucosal vaccine delivery
- Jia Hui Liu, Xi Xi Chen, Prof. Chun Hui Zhou*: Thermodynamic and electrokinetic behaviors of montmorillonite colloid and implications in biotechnology
- Cunjun Li*: Double emulsion stabilized by phosphatidylcholine-kaolinite for co-delivery of curcumin and catechin
- Nafeesa Khatoon, Ze Fei Zhang, Prof. Mao Quan Chu and Prof. Chun Hui Zhou*: Clay nanoparticles in photodynamic therapy
- Felycia Edi Soetaredjo*, Shella Permatasari Santoso, Gladdy L. Waworuntu, Prof. Suryadi Ismadji*: Controlled release of doripenem intercalated into Ca-montmorillonite
- Prof. Daehwan Park*: Bio-convergence system of layered double hydroxide nano clay
- Chao Peng Fu, Hao Zhang, and Prof. Chun Hui Zhou*: Nanohybrids of metal particles and layer silicate clay for SERS detection
- Goeun Choi, N. Sanoj Rejinold, Huiyan PIao, Geun-Woo Jin and Jin Ho Choy*: Exfoliated anionic clay-niclosamide nanoassembly as repurposed antiviral drug tackling COVID-19：oral formulation with Tween 60/Eudragit S100
- Jing Yi Liu, Prof. Guo Hua Li*: Study on the toxicity of organically modified montmorillonite in mice.
Registration is now live